Sunday 10 January 2016

Head Modeling





For our 3D work we need to have the basic understanding of how to model the human head for character development or for our case statue making where it is important to understand the proportions of the human face.

To develop this we used two images front and side as a template (Images below) this allowed to construct the head and bend it around while following the guide lines placed on the image.
from this I created half the face then mirrored it so I got the other half allowing to connect the vertexes together to have the front half of the face. 
 
 

To develop the back of the head I carried on following the lines by extruding the lines of the face so I could wrap around continuously allowing me to connect the jaw and neck together and finishing off the rest of the head.
The ear and nose were the most trickiest part of the developing the head where bending and extruding the lines to develop what the noses shape came out to be a bit pointy at first due the connecting vertexes together so I had to delete come line to flatten out areas which turned out to work out better.
For the ears I had to make them separately and due to the complication of the vertexes in which I decided to make it as simple as possible and not get involved with all the lines as you can see would be very annoying when connecting everything together.
 
 

 
 
 
 
I had a few problems when I was modelling the heads and ears in which were that I made the ear holes to simple for my ears to go so I had to delete some edge loops instead of adding them due to wanting my head to have flat edges on it to go with the design of my statue character in which ill be using later on. Restarting came an issue when finding extruded placed didn't fit the areas and needing to add more came to be a bit confusing when bending to the side view.
All together I had a difficult time making this but enjoyed the finished product even though it can be said of being a little simple of a design.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment