Friday 4 March 2016

Bugs.



Mood Board:


From my mood board I designed a couple of designs where I was more interested in the praying mantis, as I was wanting to come up with a solider equivalent.
















this is the sketch of the whole design in which I wanted to create armour the is apart of the bugs anatomy making it apart of the warrior class. Working in I developed a grey scale version highlighting where the light is aimed at the character.



From grey scale to quick paint on top this allows me to understand the colour scheme and can start to render the image to the details I want. the tonal difference also helps my develop my painting skills digitally.






 I had to adjust the back left leg as it didn't go proportional to the character while I was painting the character where it looks a lot better. I added a grey background to bring out the character more as well cast a shadow to develop it better.

The Final Render:

The body to be a suit of armour allowing the creature to take hard attacks.
I added a light spot to bring out of the character which defiantly improves on the image layout to create more appealing design. by adding blood details this shows how vicious this creature can be.


 
Final Outcome:








My thoughts:
At the beginning I really didn't know what to do so I spent time thinking over how I could create it over time I came up with different ideas where in the end I came up with this design in which I'm really pleased with as it took a long time to completely render the body scales and head.



















 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment