Saturday 3 October 2015

Crustaceans Silhouette Designs

Research:

When looking for inspiration I went to the library where I found the book on the New Godzilla Film directed by Gareth Edwards called 'Godzilla The Art of Destruction' inside showed all the designs for the characters but more importantly the monsters. What I found was the exploratory stage of the artists looking at the legs and bodies of sea creatures and insects.
Then I started to study on hermit crabs due to their hard shells as well Cephalopods where form there I started to explore the extinct creatures.















After studying the work from Godzilla I came up with these where I went fro evolved beings than anything else but when working I began to realise that I needed creatures that could be more relative towards xo-skeletons.


















Final designs

What I went within the end was the legged creatures because to me they resemble to me being able to survive underwater than the others, I really enjoyed the project due to the freedom on what we could have develop but if I had another chance to do it I think ill develop there capabilities more for underwater movements,






No comments:

Post a Comment